Payment for your stay indicates your having supplied truthful information, your acceptance of these terms and conditions, and your intention to abide by these policies as rental conditions.
1. Should guests violate any term of this agreement, the rental period will be terminated immediately. Guests will vacate the premises and waive all rights to process if they fail to vacate upon rental termination. Travelers acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is for transient occupancy and they do not intend to make the property a residence or household.
2. Travelers shall maintain the premises in a good clean condition and use the premises only in a lawful manner, not bringing animals, illegal drugs, or firearms on the premises. Travelers agree to pay for any damages beyond normal wear and tear.
3. We despise smoking. Consequently this a smoke and vapor free home and yard. DO NOT BRING A SMOKER HERE, not even a smoker who thinks he can smoke off site. If you have a smoker, cancel your reservation NOW. Cigarette odor on clothes, hair, furniture, etc., ruins the room and we have to cancel the next reservation and go to expensive and time consuming lengths to detox and steam clean the carpet and furniture - all to prevent complaints and bad reviews. This can cost us up to $1,500 in lost revenue and cleaning costs. If we detect smoke odor, you will be told to leave immediately. There will be no refund.
4. Be advised that two gentle, low dander Siamese cats live in the main house. Pets have not been in our cozy cottage rented for 30 days or more. If you are allergic or believe our elegant, lap-seeking 8-pound ladies present a problem, please immediately cancel your reservation. If you arrive and THEN announce our cats are a problem, you won’t receive a refund under any circumstances because we could have rented your room to others. Advance notice of cats in the main house is the purpose of this disclosure. You further agree not to leave an online review saying our cats were a problem. You have 24 hours after booking to cancel because of our cats, after which time our regular cancellation policy, described in Item 7 herein, shall apply.
5. Be advised that our historic home, though recently beautifully renovated and modernized, was constructed before modern plumbing. While each guest room has a private bath, some have a shower/tub combination, some are shower only, and some are big bubble bath soaking tub only. For relaxing tub baths, we provide a big water pitcher for rinsing shampoo, although there is a large overhanging spigot. For instance, the biggest, nicest room has a soaking tub and no shower. If one of our bath types is so unacceptable that you feel your vacation will be ruined, please contact us immediately to request a specific bath, or if unavailable, to cancel your stay. Advance notice of our bath variety is a purpose of this disclosure. If you arrive and then declare your bath’s plumbing unacceptable, you will not receive a refund because we could have rented your room to others.
6. The Traveler and his guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Host, the Host’s rental agent, and the Homeowner against any and all claims for any reason including but not limited to personal injury, property damage, theft, or loss on the premises or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Travelers expressly recognize that any insurance for accidents, property damage or loss which the Host/Landlord, rental agent, or homeowner may maintain on the property does not cover the accidents, injury, or personal property of Travelers or their guests.
7. Cancellation Policy: Purchase our $75 cancellation insurance under EXTRAS on your registration form if you are worried you may have to cancel less than 14 days before arrival. If you have NOT purchased our Cancellation Insurance, our cancellation policy take precedence over those of Expedia, Booking.com, Air BnB, Travelocity, Priceline, their dozens of affiliates you do not realize are owned by them, or any other commissioned websites promoting their policies over those of small innkeepers like us, about whom they do not give a flip. These sites charge you commissions whether you realize it or not. Booking a room at a B&B is not the same as making a chain hotel reservation. We are small; cancellations affect us significantly. A last minute cancellation means little chance of our re-booking your room. For this reason we request at least two weeks notice. If you book through our website, www.22Charlotte.com, we will give you a full refund, less your credit card processing fee which your credit card company will not refund, up to two weeks prior to arrival, after which there will be no refund. There will be no refunds because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to work, family, health, or pet emergencies, bad weather, acts of God, whims, boyfriend/girlfriend problems, or ANY other factors or reasons.
8. Compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA) is not possible for us because we are in a historic home that cannot be altered to meet ADA requirements. Additionally, under the ADA's Standards, small bed and breakfast facilities such as ours, occupied by the proprietor, are not required to meet accessibility requirements.
9. Travelers agree to pay all reasonable expenses and attorney’s fees spent or incurred by the Host enforcing this agreement.
10. Travelers shall lock exterior doors each time they enter or leave the home. Travelers shall not sit on porch railings.
11. Valuables will be held and reasonable effort made to contact you for return via packing/postage paid by you to Quik Mail. The Host is not liable for item condition. After six months unclaimed items shall be disposed.
12. DirecTV and wifi are provided. No refunds are given for outages or disruptions beyond our control.
13. Due to limited space and liability concerns, we do not provide parking before guest tenancy begins at 4pm. When 4pm check-ins begin, you may park in our rear driveway by entering from Alexander Street. Pull forward tightly left or right according to the posted sign so others may park beside and behind. Don't park in the middle and take all four spaces. If you block another car, please leave us your keys before you depart so we can let others out, then re-park your car. Don’t leave valuables in your car. For street parking in our decal only neighborhood, be advised the City issues a $25 tickets after the first hour, plus $25 tickets often thereafter.