Payment for your stay indicates your having supplied truthful information, your acceptance of all these terms, conditions, and disclosures, and your intention to abide by these policies. Please do not expect us to make exceptions later because you failed to read these policies.
1. Should guests violate any term of this agreement, the rental period will be terminated immediately. Guests will vacate the premises and waive all rights to process if they fail to vacate upon rental termination. Travelers acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is for transient occupancy and they do not intend to make the property a residence or household.
2. Travelers shall maintain the premises in a good clean condition and use the premises only in a lawful manner, not bringing animals, illegal drugs, or firearms on the premises. Travelers agree to pay for damages beyond normal wear and tear.
3. We despise smoking. Consequently this a smoke and vapor free home and yard. DO NOT BRING A SMOKER HERE, not even a smoker who thinks he can smoke off site. If you have a smoker, cancel your reservation NOW. Cigarette odor on clothes, hair, furniture, etc., ruins the room and we have to cancel the next reservation and go to expensive and time consuming lengths to detox and steam clean the carpet and furniture - all to prevent complaints and bad reviews. This can cost us up to $1,500 in lost revenue and cleaning costs. If we detect smoke odor, you will be told to leave immediately. There will be no refund. Advance notice of our no smoking, no vaping, no refund policy is the purpose of this disclosure.
4. Cats. Be advised that two gentle, low dander Siamese cats live in the main house. Pets have not been in our Cozy Cottage, rented for 30 days or more. If you are allergic or believe our elegant ladies present a problem, please immediately cancel your reservation for a refund less your credit card processing fees, described in Item 8 herein. If you arrive and THEN announce that our cats are a problem, you won’t receive a refund under any circumstances because we could have rented your room to others. Advance notice of cats in the main house is the purpose of this disclosure. You further agree not to leave an online review saying our cats were a problem. You have 24 hours after booking to cancel because of our cats, after which time our regular cancellation policy, described in Item 7 herein, shall apply.
5. Bathroom Types. Our historic home, though recently beautifully renovated and modernized, was constructed before modern plumbing. While each guest room has a private bath, some have a shower/tub combination, some are shower only, and some are big bubble bath soaking tub only. For relaxing tub soaks, we provide a big water pitcher for rinsing shampoo, although there is a tall, overhanging spigot. For instance, the biggest, nicest room has a big soaking tub but no shower.
If one of our bath types is so unacceptable that you feel your vacation will be ruined, please contact us immediately to request a specific bath, or if unavailable, to cancel your stay. We will do our best to accommodate your request. We understand that some folks have medical issues or joint problems that make getting up and down in a tub problematic. If we find later that we cannot accommodate your request, we will notify you and give you the option to cancel your stay for a full refund.
As business people, our goal is maximum occupancy. This is one reason we are the BEST VALUE B&B in the Historic District. The greater our volume, the lower our rates. To achieve higher occupancy, we move reservations around all the time. If the idea of taking a bath instead of a shower throws you into a panic, then we may not the best place for you to stay. We may suggest you consider other B&Bs. If we think we are not a good fit for each other, we will tell you pleasantly, just as you are welcome to tell us. Advance notice of our bath variety is a purpose of this disclosure. If you arrive and then declare your bath’s plumbing unacceptable, you won't receive a refund.
6. The Traveler and guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Host, the Host’s rental agent, and the Homeowner and staff against any and all claims for any reason including but not limited to personal injury, property damage, theft, or loss on the premises or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Travelers expressly recognize that any insurance for accidents, property damage or loss which the Host/Landlord, rental agent, or homeowner may maintain on the property does not cover the accidents, injury, or personal property of Travelers or their guests.
7. Cancellation and Refund Policy: Cancel 15 or more days before arrive for a full refund, less your credit card processing fee. Purchase our $100 cancellation insurance under EXTRAS on your registration form if there's a snowball's chance you might cancel 14 or fewer days before arrival. Our policies take precedence over those of Expedia, Booking.com, Air BnB, Travelocity, Priceline, or other entities promoting their policies over those of small innkeepers like us. Booking a room here is not the same as making a chain hotel reservation. Cancellations affect us significantly.
Additionally, there will also be no refunds because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to work, family, health, or pet emergencies, bad weather, acts of God, whims, boyfriend/girlfriend problems, or ANY other factors or reasons. Please don't ask us for an exception. Advance notice of our cancellation and refund policy is the purpose of this disclosure.
In an attempt to recoup your forfeiture, you may not give your stay to others, advertise "your" room for sale on social media or other sites, or attempt to control its use for what would have been the duration of your stay. Consider this: we operate like the airlines. If you reserve a seat but later cancel, that seat is going to have another occupant at take off. Cancellations are part of our budget model; we anticipate a certain number annually. Our advice is to buy our Cancellation Insurance at booking. Cancellation insurance is non-refundable.
8. Credit Card Processing Fees. Our room rates do not include credit card processing fees. Our credit card processor is STRIPE and they charge a processing fee of 3 to 3.5%. We do not pay your credit card fee. You pay it. The minute you enter your card info and click our site's booking button, you have incurred this non-refundable expense. We do not receive this money; we do not have this money; therefore we do not refund this money. Again: if you cancel your reservation with us and ask for a refund, you will not be refunded this fee. If this is unacceptable, don't make a reservation with us. If you get angry and call your bank, they will assume that our rental rates include your card processing fee. Again, our room rates do not include your credit card processing fees. Despite what your bank says, STRIPE has your processing fee. Please don't call and tell us what you did when you ran your business. You made your choices. We have made ours. Be advised that many small businesses, particularly in the City Market, will also add your credit card processing fees to your purchases.
If you wish to make your reservation without using your credit card, we will accept VENMO, PayPal, a cashier's check, or your personal check. However, if there is a fee, you must pay it. Your reservation will be complete when your payment clears our account.
9. Compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA) is not possible because we are in a historic home that can't be altered to meet ADA requirements. Additionally, under their standards, small B&Bs occupied by the proprietor are not required to meet accessibility requirements.
10. Travelers agree to pay all reasonable expenses and attorney’s fees spent or incurred by the Host enforcing this agreement.
11. Travelers shall lock exterior doors each time they enter or leave the home. Travelers shall not sit on wooden porch railings.
12. Valuables will be held and reasonable effort made to contact you for return via packing/postage paid by you to Quik Mail. We are not liable for item condition. After six months unclaimed items will be disposed.
13. DirecTV and WiFi are provided. No refunds are given for outages or disruptions.
14. Parking. Due to limited space and liability concerns, we don't provide parking before guest tenancy begins at 4pm. When 4pm check-ins begin, you may park in our rear driveway by entering from Alexander Street. Pull forward tightly left or right so others may park beside and behind. Don't park in the middle and take all four spaces. If you block another car, please leave us your keys before you depart so we can let others out, then re-park your car. Don’t leave valuables in your car. For street parking in our decal neighborhood, be advised the City issues a $25 tickets after the first hour, plus $25 tickets often thereafter. There are limited free spots on the street that don't require a decal.
15. Our tours are offered to guests who book at least two nights on our website, not on commissioned sites like Booking.com, VRBO, or Air BnB, etc. We usually conduct the tour at 10am after guests have had their 8:30 breakfast and are ready for the day. At the end we usually drop folks where they want to begin sightseeing. Occasionally we might offer a tour after guests have checked in at 4pm. Those familiar with Charleston often decline a tour.
16. Early Bag Drops are unnecessary if you have a car in which to store luggage. For those without a car, we will TRY to accommodate your early bag drop. The same applies to your leaving bags after your tenancy ends at 11am on check-out day. We charge a fee for early drop offs and storage. You may make these arrangements when you book your stay.