Payment for your stay indicates your having supplied truthful information, your acceptance of these terms, conditions, and disclosures, and your intention to abide by these policies.
1. Should guests violate any term of this agreement, the rental period will be terminated immediately. Guests will vacate the premises and waive all rights to process if they fail to vacate upon rental termination. Travelers acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is for transient occupancy and they do not intend to make the property a residence or household.
2. Travelers shall maintain the premises in a good clean condition and use the premises only in a lawful manner, not bringing animals, illegal drugs, or firearms on the premises. Travelers agree to pay for damages beyond normal wear and tear.
3. We despise smoking. Consequently this a smoke and vapor free home and yard. DO NOT BRING A SMOKER HERE, not even a smoker who thinks he can smoke off site. If you have a smoker, cancel your reservation NOW. Cigarette odor on clothes, hair, furniture, etc., ruins the room and we have to cancel the next reservation and go to expensive and time consuming lengths to detox and steam clean the carpet and furniture - all to prevent complaints and bad reviews. This can cost us up to $1,500 in lost revenue and cleaning costs. If we detect smoke odor, you will be told to leave immediately. There will be no refund. Advance notice of our no smoking, no vaping, no refund policy is the purpose of this disclosure.
4. Be advised that two gentle, low dander Siamese cats live in the main house. Pets have not been in our cozy cottage rented for 30 days or more. If you are allergic or believe our elegant, lap-seeking 8-pound ladies present a problem, please immediately cancel your reservation. If you arrive and THEN announce our cats are a problem, you won’t receive a refund under any circumstances because we could have rented your room to others. Advance notice of cats in the main house is the purpose of this disclosure. You further agree not to leave an online review saying our cats were a problem. You have 24 hours after booking to cancel because of our cats, after which time our regular cancellation policy, described in Item 7 herein, shall apply.
5. Be advised that our historic home, though recently beautifully renovated and modernized, was constructed before modern plumbing. While each guest room has a private bath, some have a shower/tub combination, some are shower only, and some are big bubble bath soaking tub only. For relaxing tub baths, we provide a big water pitcher for rinsing shampoo, although there is a tall, overhanging spigot. For instance, the biggest, nicest room has a soaking tub but no shower. If one of our bath types is so unacceptable that you feel your vacation will be ruined, please contact us immediately to request a specific bath, or if unavailable, to cancel your stay. Advance notice of our bath variety is a purpose of this disclosure. If you arrive and then declare your bath’s plumbing unacceptable, you will not receive a refund.
6. The Traveler and his guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Host, the Host’s rental agent, and the Homeowner against any and all claims for any reason including but not limited to personal injury, property damage, theft, or loss on the premises or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Travelers expressly recognize that any insurance for accidents, property damage or loss which the Host/Landlord, rental agent, or homeowner may maintain on the property does not cover the accidents, injury, or personal property of Travelers or their guests.
7. Cancellation Policy: Purchase our $75 cancellation insurance under EXTRAS on your registration form if there is a snowball's chance you may have to cancel less than 14 days before arrival. Our cancellation policy take precedence over those of Expedia, Booking.com, Air BnB, Travelocity, Priceline, their dozens of affiliates you don't realize are owned by them, or any other commissioned websites promoting their policies over those of small innkeepers like us, about whom they do not give a flip. Whether you realize it or not, these commissioned sites charge you service fees and commissions (15% to 33%) or taxes (15%) we are not required to charge. Booking a room at a B&B is not the same as making a chain hotel reservation. We are small; cancellations affect us significantly. For this reason we request at least two weeks notice. If you book through our website, www.22Charlotte.com, we will give you a full refund, less your credit card processing fee, up to two weeks prior to arrival, after which there will be no refund. There will be no refunds because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to work, family, health, or pet emergencies, bad weather, acts of God, whims, boyfriend/girlfriend problems, or ANY other factors or reasons. Please don't ask us to for an exception.
Should you cancel your reservation less than 14 days before arrival, and you have not purchased our cancellation insurance, you will forfeit your payment. In an attempt to recoup your forfeiture, you may not give your stay to others, advertise "your" room for sale on social media or other sites, or attempt to control its use for what would have been the duration of your stay. For example, we operate like the airlines. If you reserve a seat but later cancel, that seat is probably going to have another occupant at take off. Cancellations are part of our budget model; we anticipate a certain number annually. Our advice is to buy cancellation insurance.
8. Your credit card provider charges Processing Fees. American Express charges 5%. Visa and others charge 3% to 3.5%. We are a small home based business and we do not pay your credit card fee. The minute you enter your card info and click the button, you have incurred this expense. Your card company does not send it to us. We do not receive this money; we do not have this money; it never comes to us; we do not refund it because we don't have it. The refund of your card processing fee is between you and your credit card company. If you wish to make your reservation without using your card, we will accept VENMO, a cashier's check, or your personal check. However, your reservation will not be complete until your payment clears our account.
9. Compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA) is not possible for us because we are in a historic home that cannot be altered to meet ADA requirements. Additionally, under the ADA's Standards, small bed and breakfast facilities such as ours, occupied by the proprietor, are not required to meet accessibility requirements.
10. Travelers agree to pay all reasonable expenses and attorney’s fees spent or incurred by the Host enforcing this agreement.
11. Travelers shall lock exterior doors each time they enter or leave the home. Travelers shall not sit on porch railings.
12. Valuables will be held and reasonable effort made to contact you for return via packing/postage paid by you to Quik Mail. The Host is not liable for item condition. After six months unclaimed items shall be disposed.
13. DirecTV and wifi are provided. No refunds are given for outages or disruptions beyond our control.
14. Due to limited space and liability concerns, we do not provide parking before guest tenancy begins at 4pm. When 4pm check-ins begin, you may park in our rear driveway by entering from Alexander Street. Pull forward tightly left or right according to the posted sign so others may park beside and behind. Don't park in the middle and take all four spaces. If you block another car, please leave us your keys before you depart so we can let others out, then re-park your car. Don’t leave valuables in your car. For street parking in our decal only neighborhood, be advised the City issues a $25 tickets after the first hour, plus $25 tickets often thereafter.
15. Tours are offered to guests who book at least two nights on our website, not on commissioned sites. We usually conduct the tour at 10am after guests have had their 8:30 breakfast and finished getting dressed for the day. At the conclusion of the tour we usually drop guests off where they want to begin their sightseeing. Occasionally we might offer a tour after guests have check-in at 4 or later. Guests who are familiar with Charleston ofter decline a tour.
16. Early Bag Drops are not necessary if you have a car in which to store your luggage. For those without a car, we will TRY to accommodate your early bag drop, but because we are not here all the time, an early drop is not always possible. If this is an issue, please email us at the time you reserve your stay. The same applies to your leaving your bags after your tenancy ends at 11am on check out day. We cannot guarantee we will be able to store your bags till your return. We charge a fee for early drop offs and storage.